Gamal Abdel Nasser was the second President of Egpyt who led Free Officers’ Revolution that ended Britain colonialism in Egypt in 1952.
Born January 15, 1918, Gamal Abdel Nasser is often considered as one of the most important figures in Arab modern history.
He was a charismatic leader whose ideology ‘Nasserism‘ was well accepted and promoted in the Arab nation.
As the first and only Egyptian leader to control Arab nations for 15 years, Nasser promoted social justice, the unity of the Arab World and the freedom of Africa from British rule.
Here are Top 15 powerful quotes of Gamal Abdel Nasser
1. We will fight from house to house, from village to village. We will fight than live humiliated. We are building our country, our history, our future.
2. He who can not support himself, can not take his own decision
3. There is no longer a way out of our present situation except by forging a road toward our objective, violently and by force, over a sea of blood and under a horizon blazing with fire.
4. People do not want words – they want the sound of battle – the battle of destiny.
5. I believe that we now have a duty to remove the aggressor from our land and to regain the Arab territory occupied by the Israelis. We can then engage in a clandestine struggle to liberate the land of Palestine, to liberate Haifa and Jaffa.
6. We must fight our way to victory on a sea of blood and a horizon of fire.
7. We’re a sentimental people. We like a few kind words better than millions of dollars given in a humiliating way
8. The age of isolation is gone. And gone are the days in which barbed wire served as demarcation lines, separating and isolating countries from one another. No country can escape looking beyond its boundaries to find the source of the currents which influence how it can live with others
9. Fate does not play jokes
10. Power is not merely shouting aloud. Power is to act positively with all the components of power
11. I don’t act, I react
12. Events are not a matter of chance.
13. If anyone thinks we have become tired, let me say that we are a struggling nation, a fighting nation, a patient nation
14. My countrymen, my blood spills for you and for Egypt. I will live for your sake and die for the sake of your freedom and honor. Let them kill me; it does not concern me so long as I have instilled pride, honor, and freedom in you
15. What was taken by force, can only be restored by force.