The Lorenzo Natali Media Prize is a media prize that was launched in 1992 to gives a voice to those whose message is often overlooked or ignored.
The Prize has 3 categories: the grand prize, Europe prize and best emerging journalist prize
Aims of The Lorenzo Natali Media Prize
- To rewards journalists from around the globe for their online, print or audio-visual reporting of stories of human achievements and perseverance around sustainable development issues.
- To recognises journalists’ contribution to building more sustainable, fair and prosperous societies and speaking truth to power
How to apply for Lorenzo Natali Media Prize 2020
Selection of Category
Journalists are encouraged to send in entries for one of three categories.
- For reporting published by a media outlet based in one of the European Union’s partner countries.
- For reporting published by a media outlet based in the European Union.
Best Emerging Journalist Prize:
- For reporting by journalists under the age of 30, published in a media outlet based in the European Union or in one of its partner countries.
The overarching theme of the Lorenzo Natali Media Prize is journalism for sustainable development. This year’s entry should relate to international partnership issues such as, but not limited to, fighting poverty and inequalities, human rights, democracy, youth, gender equality, environment and climate change, health, technology and digital, etc.
Some Important things to note
- You can only apply for just one category
- Journalists can submit their reporting published in a UK-based media if their reporting was published between 10 March 2019 to the 31 January 2020
- Entries are accepted in all languages. However, a translation in English, French or Spanish is required for the entries which have not originally been published in one of these languages
- The deadline for submitting entries is 15 March 2020 23:59 CET
- Bloggers and vloggers are eligible to apply for the Prize if they submit reporting published in an eligible country and by a recognised media outlet. A blogger/vlogger application will not be considered if the entry was published on a personal website
To apply, click here
What you stand to gain
- Each category winner will receive €10,000.
- The winner of the Best Emerging Journalist category will also be offered work experience with a media partner.
- Awardee will receive their awards at the European Development Days in Brussels on 9 and 10 June 2020.