If you are interested in Africa’s agri-food sector, then don’t miss the chance to win GOGETTAZ Agripreneur Prize 2019.
GOGETTAZ Agripreneur Prize 2019 for young Africans is a competition for innovative, young entrepreneurs pursuing the trillion-dollar opportunity of Africa’s agri-food sector. And applicants stand a chance of winning US$50,000 which will be awarded to two winners (a male and a female) based on the innovation, originality, scalability and environmental sustainability of their business venture.
GOGETTAZ Agripreneur Prize 2019 is targetted at young Agripreneur with a pioneering business venture,
How to Enter GOGETTAZ Agripreneur Prize 2019
Visit GoGettaz competition website
Complete the Application form
Submit a video pitch of no longer than three minutes
you could win one of two US$50,000 cash prizes that will help you change your world and transform the agri-food business.
Competition Timeline of GOGETTAZ Agripreneur Prize 2019
Applications are open from 30 May 2019 to 21 July 2019. Complete the entry requirements on the GoGettaz website.
After the first round of judging, 30 semi-finalists will be announced on 6 August 2019. 12 finalists will be chosen and announced by 13 August 2019.
Round Of Judging
The final pitch event will take place on 3 September 2019 at the Africa Green Revolution Forum (AGRF) meeting in Accra, Ghana. Winners will be announced on 4 September 2019 at the event.
● Entrepreneurs must be aged 18-35
● Entrepreneurs must hold nationality (with official ID) from any of the 54 nations of the African Union.
● Entrepreneurs must be the founder or co-founder of the enterprise he or she represents in the competition and play an active role in its operations and leadership.
● Entrepreneurs must have no criminal record related to corruption, tax evasion, financial impropriety, felony or other offences.
● Your venture must play a role in the agri-food sector or support the development of the agri-food sector through innovation, disruption or original process improvement across the food value chain from seed to fork.
● The agri-food sector may be defined as businesses including:
▪ Agri-food research & development
▪ Primary food production
▪ Crop nutrition
▪ Mechanisation, automation or robotics
▪ Crop protection
▪ Hydroponics or urban farming
▪ Transport, distribution, storage or logistics
▪ Food processing
▪ Packaging or marketing
▪ Food retail or service
▪ Waste management or recycling
▪ Digital or technology solutions/services to the agri-food sector
▪ Innovative finance solutions/services to the agri-food sector
▪ Renewable energy or environmental solutions/services to the agri-food sector
Pre-launch Business Venture Eligibility
Business ventures in the pre-launch stage may be considered, however it is very important that you do not share commercially sensitive or proprietary business details of any kind, especially if your venture is only in the idea stage.
Agri-food Sector Business Eligibility
To be eligible to compete in the GoGettaz 2019, your entrepreneurial business venture will likely be in one of these areas across the whole agri-food value chain – “from seed to fork”. This may include businesses involved in:
● Agri-food research & development
● Primary food production
● Crop nutrition
● Mechanisation, automation or robotics
● Crop protection
● Hydroponics or urban farming
● Transport, distribution, storage or logistics
● Food processing
● Packaging or marketing
● Food retail or service
● Waste management or recycling
● Digital or technology solutions/services to the agri-food sector
● Innovative finance solutions/services to the agri-food sector
● Renewable energy or environmental solutions/services to the agri-food sector
● Education or business model solutions/services to the agri-food sector
Deadline: 21 July 2019 at 12 midnight Central Africa Time (CAT)