The beauty and strength of our continent lie in our ability to embrace and appreciate the wisdom of the past and leave fully in the present. These 25 Namibia proverbs are carefully selected from a list of hundreds of proverbs and wise saying.
From the list, it is important to note that these Namibia proverbs are not just mere saying but great wisdom that can uplift, inspire and motivate people to achieve the best in life.
Top 25 Namibia Proverbs
1. An old monkey never forgets how to climb trees.
2. Envy and greed grows on the same stalk
3. If your mouth turns into a knife, it will cuff off your lips
4. The earth is not ours, it is a treasure we hold in trust for the future generations.
5. Even a weak lion is not bitten by a dog.
6. He who has bad breath cannot smell it
7. Gold like the sun melts wax and hardens clay
8. Only the mountains never meet
9. If you want to give God a good laugh, tell him of your future plans
10. It is the one who lies by a fire who feels the heat
11. When a tiny toe is hurting the whole body stoops down to attend to it.
12. Half bread is better than nothing
13. If the State is going to fall, it is from the belly
14. It is always a pleasure to greet a friend from afar
15. Moral people sleep well at night, but the immoral seems to get pleasure from the waking hours much more
16. From little dead seeds, great things are born
17. Man is the head of the family, while the woman is the neck that turns the head
18. The hunter in pursuit of an elephant does not stop to throw stones at birds
19. The bone given to you by the King is meat
20. Old people’s speech is not to be dishonored- after all, they saw the sun first
21. You can outdistance that which is running after you, but not what is running inside you
22. Do not leave your host house, throwing mud in his well
23. Learning expands great souls
24. Love is a despot who spares no one
25. That which leaks cannot stay full