Okash is owned by Opera Group and operates under TenSpot Kenya Limited. It is one of the leading online money-lending services in Kenya, and you can download the app from the Google store on any Android phone or device. Okash offers instant cash with a few steps to follow.
To be eligible for an Okash loan, you must meet the qualifications. You must be at least 18 years old and most probably between ages 20-55. You must have a valid Kenyan national ID and be a Safaricom subscriber. You also need accurate bank details and a BVN (Bank Verification Number). You also need to have a fixed income to access the loan.
Okash: How Do You Download the App?
To download the app:
- Go to your Google Play store app and search for Okash.
- Click on the install button and wait for it to download.
- After it is downloaded, it will show an “open” button, which you will click to access the app.
Registering an Account with Okash
- Click on the signup button and sign in with your details. They include; your phone number, legal name as per your ID, national ID number, and other information. Formal employment is not required.
- You need to fill in the number on your phone at the moment for verification. A confirmation code will be sent to your number, and you need to insert it to proceed.
- The last step is to activate your account.
- A window will pop up with its terms and conditions. Click “Agree.”
- Allow access to your contacts for the app.
How Do You Apply for a Loan?
Now that you have launched the application and agreed to their terms and services, you can apply for your first loan. Go through your dashboard and see the amount you qualify for.
- Select your amount and the repayment period and click the “apply now” button.
- You will receive another tab asking you to verify or confirm your application. Skim through your loan application and click submit if the details are as you want them.
- If the loan is successful, you will receive the amount directly to your MPESA account.
Mainly, many loan mobile apps give you a low starting loan. The loan limit can increase with time, depending on how quickly you repay the loan. The decision to obtain a loan is made under 15 seconds, and when the loan is approved, you can receive it on your mobile phone within 5 minutes. They offer 24/7 customer service.
Loan Limits and Interest
The aim of developing a mobile money app to lend money is to profit as a company. Secondly, it is to help people access instant loans without much sweat and just in the palms of their hands. But with each loan comes a fee known as interest. And here are the loan limits and interest rates for Okash.
Okash has a minimum loan limit of KSh 1,500 to a maximum of KSh 50,000. If you fail to pay the loan on time, there is a 2% daily fee. Other interest rates are as follows: a 14% interest rate for a two-week repayment period and a 16.8% interest rate for a 21-day repayment period. The interest is deducted from the amount borrowed, so you receive the applied amount minus the interest rates.
How Do You Make Loan Payments?
The Okash offers two methods to pay for your loan.
- Go to your MPESA menu and select Lipa na Mpesa.
- Select Paybill and enter Okash pay bill, 612224.
- Next will be the account number. Enter the Safaricom number that accessed the loan.
- Finally, enter the amount to pay, enter your MPESA pin, and send.
Through the Okash app:
- Navigate your Okash dashboard until you see the “Make Payments” button. Click it.
- You will be redirected to your MPESA, where you will only enter your PIN, and your loan will be deducted according to what you borrowed.
- You will receive notification of your loan repayment through a text message.
How Do You Increase Your Okash Loan Limit?
Your loan limit is affected by your payment habits. Your loan limit will increase if you quickly pay the loan before the due date. You can also refer your friends to the app, and upon a successful loan application, you’ll probably get a better loan limit. Failing to pay for the loan ultimately drops your credit score. More actions include your default status being sent to the Credit Reference Bureau (CRB), whereby you pay the penalty to be cleared.
Okash’s Address and Contact Information
Okash offices are in Kalamu House, Westlands, Grevillea Grove, Nairobi City, Kenya. You can reach them through;
- Telephone number: 0207659988
- Email: [email protected]