The Oxford languages dictionary defines trading as “the action or activity of buying and selling goods and services.” For so many reasons, a plethora of people have in one way or the other engaged in trading. While some make a fulltime living off it, others engage in it as an additional stream of income. Apart from the normal trading (buying and selling of goods) we do daily, there is the forex market, where people also buy and sell currency pairs, indices, cryptocurrency, etc., Are you a forex trader? Have you been looking for ways to improve your forex trading skills? Don’t worry, I got you! Let me introduce you to Deriv Academy.
What is Deriv Academy?
Deriv Academy is a simple, flexible and reliable platform for trading forex, Synthetics indices, Stocks, cryptocurrencies and commodities. Did I hear you say “Fantastic?” Of course, you are right. Deriv academy provides a multi-trading option for various classes of investments as aforementioned.
With more than 20 years experience in the financial market, Deriv has continued to introduce many innovative ways to help traders enjoy the financial market. Their 24/7 trading platform enables traders to choose between 100+ tradable assets.
Why Choose Deriv Academy?
As a trader, speaking from experience, losses had been one unbearable yet unavoidable experience, so an academy like Deriv Academy provides an opportunity for traders to learn and explore new tradable assets offered by Deriv. If you want to improve your knowledge in the financial market, you can start by exploring the videos and articles on the Deriv Academy platform.
How to navigate through the platform
- Visit Deriv Academy platform by clicking here
- Click the resource tab ( This will give you different options like Help Centre, Community, Traders Tool, Academy, etc.
- If you pick the Trader’s tool, you will learn more on Margin calculator, Swap Calculator, Pip Calculator, etc.,
- If you pick the Help Centre, you will get answers to any questions you may have about Deriv
- If you click academy, you will get access to market report, videos tutorials and articles on Trading
Important Terms You Should Know as a Trader
What is CFD trading?
CFD is an acronym that stands for contract for difference. It allows you to trade solely on the price action of an asset without buying the asset. On Deriv, you can trade CFDs with high leverage and tight spreads.
What is high leverage?
This simply refers to the process of opening a larger position with a paltry sum in your trading account. It indicates that the higher the leverage of a trade, the lesser the amount you need for the trade.
What is Tight Spread?
Tight spread on the other hand refers to the difference between the buy price and the sell price. The tighter the spread, the lower the cost to trade the market.
What is Margin?
In the words of Deriv, “margin refers to the deposit needed to open a leveraged position, which is a position larger than your capital investment and leads to increased market exposure.” On Deriv’s trading platform, they provide a margin calculator used in calculating the market value of the trader’s position. This enables the trader to either increase the possibility of making profit or incurring loss.
6 Reasons to Trade CFDs with Deriv
1 . They provide high leverage and tight spread.
2. Deriv’s trading platform has all your favorite markets. The markets available for CFD trading on Deriv are: Forex, Synthetic Indices, Commodities, Stock indices and Cryptocurrencies
3. Deriv provides the Long or Short positions features on their trading platform. This enables the trader to predict which way the market will go.
4. Deriv provides expert and friendly support. As stated earlier, they have over 20 years experience in financial market.
5. Deriv provides instant access where you could open your account and start trading in minutes.
6. They also have a demo account you could use to practice, trade and withdraw conveniently.
Deriv academy is a platform with the intent of improving the skills of traders through educational videos and articles to keep traders up to date with the latest trend in the market and help them maximize their profit.