African Institute for Investigative Journalism Fellowship Programme is the project of the African Institute for Investigative Journalism (AIIJ).
As a media organization, the African Institute for Investigative Journalism is focused on contributing towards media practice that impacts and causes social changes.
The AIIJ objectives include:
- Promoting access to resources and opportunities for investigative journalism
- Strengthening the capacities and practice of investigative journalism
- Shaping the practice of investigative journalism through collaborative and groundbreaking investigations in issues affecting society
- Contributing towards public policy change through evidence-based reporting that promotes a culture of accountability.
About the African Institute for Investigative Journalism Fellowship Programme 2020.
- The AIIJ fellowship opportunity is a project aimed at identifying and supporting journalists who are willing to contribute towards media practice that impact and cause social changes.
- Currently, the AIIJ has 3 fellowship opportunities for those interested in a career in investigative journalism
How to Apply for African Institute for Investigative Journalism Fellowship Programme 2020.
- A minimum of a Bachelors’ Degree in Journalism, Development Studies Social Sciences, Development Communications or any related field.
- The fellows must be Interested in developing a career path in investigative journalism
Your application document must contain:
- A Cover letter
- Curriculum Vitae
Click here to apply
Support the AIIJ’s programs of work by directly drafting opinions, policy briefs, briefing papers, internal memorandums, and other key documents;
- Using investigative skills to assist with fact-checking of media reports and stories in the medial platform draft publications and other documents as needed
- Constantly working in consultation and support of the Program Manager to implement AIIJ projects in line with the overall Strategic Plan
- Promote appropriate linkages between AIIJ’s programs and media outlets and other Media organizations
- Contribute towards the development of AIIJ’s project ideas, concepts, proposals, work plans, and budgets
- Support the work on mapping and keeping data on investigative journalism and institutions involved in the work of investigations
- Organize and attend meetings and training by AIIJ and or other relevant partners;
- Undertake any other assignments as may be assigned.
Application Deadline: July 10, 2020